Millet Rottis can be made with any millet flour. It is a healthy main dish which can be had for lunch or dinner.
Course – Main course
- Kodo/Foxtail/Multi millet flour – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 spoon
- Oil – 1/2 spoon
The quantity of Millet flour and water can be increased or decreased on a 1:1 proportion.
Method of Preparation
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Add salt
- Add 2 cups of millet flour and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix the flour with water and switch off the stove.
- Cover and keep for 10 minutes or till the mixed flour cools down to room temperature.
- Knead the flour well and roll them into balls to make rottis.
- Heat the tawa, spread oil and heat the rottis.
Serve it with any curry or chutney. Onion as a salad with millet rotti will make a fascinating combination.