Corn Daliya/Rava is broken Corn Kernels.
Corn Dalia has low cholesterol and sodium levels. It has a better dietary fibre when compared to rice.
It is 100% Gluten free and rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
It is good for Diabetes,Reduction of Cholestrol,Obesity & Constipation.
It is a non Acidic Food.
One may think that there is not much you can do with corn Dalia (cracked corn) other than make porridge and serve it for breakfast.
Corn Daliya Upma
- 1 cup Corn Daliya/Rava
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Onion
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 Curry Leaves
- 1 small sized Lemon
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the corn rava until a nice aroma comes out. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and peanuts. Let them splutter.
- Now add the chopped green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add salt and 2 cups of water to it and bring everything to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the roasted corn rava. Mix well and cover it
with a lid.
- Reduce the flame and let it cook completely.
- Switch off the flame. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with chutney