Kannada: Sajje, Tamil: Kambu, Hindi: Bajra, Telugu: Sajjalu
Pearl millet Rotti is a healthy main dish which can be had for lunch or dinner.
Course – Main course
- Pearl millet flour – 2 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 spoon
- Oil – 1/2 spoon
The quantity of Pearl Millet flour and water can be increased or decreased on a 1:1 proportion.
Method of Preparation
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Add salt
- Add 2 cups of Pearl millet flour and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Mix the flour with water and switch off the stove.
- Cover and keep for 10 minutes or till the mixed flour cools down to room temperature.
- Knead the flour well and roll them into circles to make rottis.
- Heat the tawa and heat the rottis.
Serve it with any curry or chutney. Onion as a salad with Pearl millet rotti will make make a fascinating combination.
Pearl millet flour can be replaced by Foxtail millet flour or Kodo millet flour too and the same procedure can be followed.