Kodo millet (Aarka, Varagu) – 1 cup
Water – 3 1/2 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Green chilli – 1
Cumin seed – 1 tsp
Mustard seed – 1 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
1. Soak one cup of Kodo rice with 3 1/2 cups of water for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Pressure cook this soaked rice for 10 minutes. After cooking, cool it down for room temperature.
3. In a mixer grinder add 2 tablespoons of curd, 2 curry leaves and a green chili, grind this mixture and pour this ground curd to the cooked Kodo rice. Add extra curd you need for rice, salt and mix it well without any lumps.
4. Use a cooking pot ( kadai ) to heat 2 tsp of oil, crackle mustard seed, urad dal and pour this seasonings into the prepared Kodo curd rice.
5. Kodo millet curd rice is ready to serve.